The Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton provides an environment that is welcoming, supportive, inclusive, and encourages a team approach. Professional, skilled, long-serviced staff help support teams and provide new employees with support and a friendly environment. Management staff provide progressive and innovative leadership styles that encourage an open and creative work environment.
Why Work at The Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton?
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE
- Competitive salaries
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Five personal leave days per year
- Two special leave days per year
- Health and dental packages including health care spending account
- Wellness programs
- Life insurance plan
- Short term and long term disability plans
- Pension plan through OMERS
- Employee assistance plan
- Peer support Training and development opportunities
- Tuition support opportunities
NEW WORKER TRAINING PROGRAM
All new workers complete a comprehensive one day orientation to The Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton. What to expect on your orientation day:
- Review of Agency’s Policies and Procedures
- Overview of equipment
- A “How to” navigate the Agency’s internal computer system
- Mandatory webinars (AODA, WHMIS 2015, Health and Safety)
- Tour of the building
- Introduction to assigned team, supervisor and manager
All new unauthorized Child Protection Workers are enrolled in the new Pathway to Authorization training series. The curriculum includes eight courses and 120 hours of instruction and is offered in a hybrid format, with both in-person and online content. During this training workers will get an enriched learning experience in a hands on environment by managing a reduced case load with the support of not only their team and unit supervisor, but also the Manager of Family Services.
ON-SITE AND EASY ACCESS TO
- On-site cafeteria and numerous restaurants within walking distance
- On-site recreation room, fitness facilities (Fit 4 Less, Goodlife Fitness, Orange Theory Fitness, Premier Fitness) close by and walking paths by the lake
- Shopping (Eastgate Mall, Mapleview Mall, Limeridge Mall, Walmart)
- Easy highway access (QEW, 403,Redhill Valley Parkway, Lincoln Alexander Parkway)
…and so much more!
Get started by visiting our Careers Page.