IMPORTANT NOTICE: Children’s Aid Societies and Indigenous Child and Family Well-Being Agencies in Ontario ARE continuing their child protection services. We are NOT closed. Read our news release here. Although agencies across the province have modified business practices to respond to health and safety concerns, core protection services continue. To our Hamilton community – if you are concerned about the safety and/or well-being of a child or youth under 18, please call us at 905-522-1121.
Hamilton CAS message regarding COVID-19
Hamilton Children’s Aid Society is dedicated to the safety and well-being of children, youth, families, and our employees. Our agency continues to provide core child protection services, with a focus on keeping children and youth safe. Now, more than ever, there are children, youth and families in our community and in care, that need our support and our service.
While we provide service, we remain committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and following recommendations from Hamilton Public Health.
Here are some of the changes we have implemented at our agency:
- Effective March 18, 2020, our office is closed to the public, with the exception of employees, those with appointments, anyone reporting child protection concerns and couriers
- Screening questions are being asked to all those who do come into the agency or come in contact with agency employees in the community
- Child protection employees are working from home, checking voice mails regularly and remaining connected to families and colleagues they are working with throughout the day
- Staff within the agency and in the community are practicing infection prevention through social distancing
- All internal and external training and group gatherings are cancelled until further notice
- Cleaning services at the agency have been increased and sanitizer is available
As always, if you have any concerns about a child or youth, please contact us 24/7 at (905) 522-1121.
About Hamilton CAS
The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Hamilton, in partnership with families and our community, is committed to the safety, protection, and well-being of children and the strengthening of families, while valuing diversity and promoting equity.
The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Hamilton was established in 1894 as a not-for-profit organization focused on ensuring the well-being and protection of children. The Society is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and mandated under Ontario’s Child, Youth and Family Services Act (CYFSA) to protect children under 18 years of age from physical, sexual, and emotional abuse and harm.
The Society is committed to ensuring that a child, youth and family’s culture, race, Indigeneity, religion, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, gender identity and ability are integrated in our services and practices. Trained child welfare staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to respond to concerns about the safety and well-being of children and youth.
We envision a community where every child is a gift to be valued, nurtured, and kept safe.
~ Serving Hamilton’s children & families since 1894 ~
Are you a student looking for information about The Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton for an assignment? The agency has a section dedicated to answering frequently asked questions and providing resources for students. If there is information not available on the site that would assist students, please let us know!Student Resources