A Message to our Community
Now, more than ever, there are children, youth, and families in our care who need our support. Bryan Shone, Executive Director of Hamilton CAS, shares an important message.
Hamilton Children’s Aid Society is dedicated to the safety and well-being of children, youth, families, and our employees. Our agency continues to provide core child protection services, with a focus on keeping children and youth safe. Now, more than ever, there are children, youth and families in our community and in care, that need our support and our service.
While we provide service, we remain committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and following recommendations from Hamilton Public Health.
Here are some of the changes we have implemented at our agency:
- Effective March 18, 2020, our office is closed to the public, with the exception of employees, those with appointments, anyone reporting child protection concerns and couriers
- Screening questions are being asked to all those who do come into the agency or come in contact with agency employees in the community
- Child protection employees are working from home, checking voice mails regularly and remaining connected to families and colleagues they are working with throughout the day
- Staff within the agency and in the community are practicing infection prevention through social distancing
- All internal and external training and group gatherings are cancelled until further notice
- Cleaning services at the agency have been increased and sanitizer is available
As always, if you have any concerns about a child or youth, please contact us 24/7 at (905) 522-1121.
We have consolidated a list of the community partners we work directly with to identify their operational functions during the COVID-19 pandemic. This list has been updated and can be viewed here.