Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Ogwadeni:deo, The Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton and The Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand Norfolk are hosting a joint recruitment event seeking skilled and committed individuals to join our agencies as:
CHILD PROTECTION WORKERS
We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve. The Societies encourage applicants who have a combination of key qualifications and lived experience as a member of an equity deserving group.
Major responsibilities include:
Providing a full range of services designed to provide preventative and supportive services to children and their families to reduce or eliminate the need for protection services and to ensure permanency planning. Ensure children who are identified as at risk are in and remain in a safe environment and are provided with the supports and resources necessary for them to achieve their potential. Utilizing community resources to develop a Family Centered Service Plan with each family to increase their capacity to provide for their children in their own home.
Successful candidates must possess a Bachelor of Social Work and/or a Master of Social Work from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. Able to apply anti-racist, anti-ableist, anti-indigenous racism and anti-2SLGBTQIA+ lenses to social issues. Candidates must also have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a personal vehicle with a minimum occupancy of 4 – 5 passengers. Successful candidates will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the applicable agency. Familiarity with Bill C-92, An Act Respecting First Nations is considered an asset.
Interested in joining the Virtual Job Fair?
- Submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (905) 522-1089 by May 20, 2021.
- A Human Resources Representative you will be in contact with qualified applicants prior to May 21, 2021.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to attend the Virtual Job Fair Interview process on May 26, 2021.
*please ensure you are available on May 26, 2021 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm as interview slots will be randomly assigned.
As employers, we are committed to:
• A culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse service recipients, staff, and
• Providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices.
• In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code providing accommodation supports during the selection and interview process if required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Ogwadeni:deo , The Children’s Aid Society Of Hamilton and The Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand Norfolk, however we will only contact qualified applicants to join the virtual job fair interview process.