Services & Programs
The Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton provides a wide range of services and programs to support and assist children and families within our community. These include:
- Providing child protection services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Assessing and investigating suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Protecting children who have suffered abuse or neglect, or may be at risk for abuse or neglect, by working with their families to reduce harmful circumstances and address areas of concern.
- Ensuring children who cannot stay in their own homes are provided with a safe, stable, and nurturing environment either for a short-term or long-term period.
- Connecting families with other service providers within the community to address issues that may impact on a parent’s ability to provide a nurturing and safe environment for their child(ren) such as addiction, mental health issues, unemployment, domestic violence, etc.
- Teaching parents new ways to deal with problems and assist in developing skills for handling crises.
- Monitoring the emotional, behavioural, and developmental needs of children in the Society’s care and arranging for any services that may benefit the child such as counselling, psychological assessments, speech therapy, etc.
- Providing customized medical and dental services to all children in care and addressing any medical or dental concerns in a timely manner.
- Educating the public about their duty to report suspected child abuse or neglect and the role of children’s aid societies.
- Recruiting, developing, training, and supporting foster and adoptive homes.
- When appropriate, seek out and support kin caregivers.
- Fundraising to provide recreational, therapeutic, and educational opportunities for children and youth in the Society’s care.